Friday 17 August 2007

Day 9


For a change I had an early start. I got up at 5:20am, got dressed and we all got in the car. I had asked if we could go horse riding but we had a different treat in store. When we arrived there were elephants lined up, we were going to do ELEPHANT RIDING! I was really excited.

At about 7am we set off on the elephant safari. Before we set off we had a talk about the elephants. They were really obedient. The elephant's back I rode on was called Jabulani, the rider was called Iswallai. The trip was amazing, even though Becky and dad were on a different elephant's back. The ride was great, it was the best time of my life, I loved it!! On the way back dad got pulled over by the police for not stopping fully at a stop sign!

After that we went back to Timbavati for breakfast. I had a bowl of rice krispies (not very interesting!). By now it was 11 o'clock. We went back to our rondavel for a rest before setting off for lunch. We went to the Garden Of Eden tea room. I had salmon salad and red cherry cheesecake. Then we had a look around the grounds. There were beautiful plants everywhere.

After lunch we went to the Moholoholo Animal Rehabilitation Centre, and had a tour around the animals. We saw big cats, birds of prey and nocturnal animals. We even got to touch a rhino and a cheetah, and fed a vulture. I enjoyed it a lot. A woman went to put her finger in with the lion but it growled so she retreated.

When we got back Becky and I had a swim. Finally we went for tea and settled down to sleep.

No comments: