Monday 13 August 2007

Day 5

I got up at 8 o'clock today and had breakfast (a bowl of Frosties, again!), then we set off to do our walk around the lake. When we arrived the view was spectacular and we hadn't even started doing the walk yet!!!!! As we walked we saw some charging deer and some lizards, but you won't believe me now, we saw a BLACK MAMBA snake. I was thrilled to bits. We also saw 2 rock hyrax, they looked very otter like, they were so cute. The views of the Blyde Canyon were fantastic, I loved the walk.

We made our way back to the chalet to get ready for lunch. The resort wasn't very busy today for it was Monday. The place we were hoping to have lunch was closed, but we soon found a small cafe to get some food. I had bacon, egg and toast. I also saw a small brown snake outside the girls toilet door. After lunch we left to go and do our afternoon activity.

We went to Hoedspruit Reptile Park. It was absolutely amazing. I saw crocs, snakes, lizards and allsorts. We also saw a baby chameleon and a baby bearded dragon, they were so cute!! There were iguanas, tarantulas and much more. I also got to hold the parrots there, and stroke the donkey, it was excellent!

We went home, but on the way we stopped at a silk factory but it wasn't interesting so we went back to the resort. Becky and I went on the trampoline, but after a while it started to get dark so we went back to the chalet to get our swimming costumes and towels and went to the pool. I went in the heated pool (it was even hotter than my mum's baths), and Becky went in the cold pool (to be honest I think it was just melted ice). Then we went back to the chalet for another BBQ. The stars were out, it was so beautiful. I had some chopped chicken with some cheese and a glass of sparkling water. To end the day I wrote my diary and went to sleep.

No comments: