Thursday 9 August 2007

Our Day Of Arrival

We left Johannesburg Airport in the Nissan we had hired. The journey was 3 hours long, but on the way we stopped for lunch. I had a chicken and mayo pasty and some flavoured water. During the time I was awake I looked at the views, they were magnificent!! When we reached the town our B&B was in (Sabie), it took a while to find where we were staying. Plus the tourist info was closed.

We finally found the B&B, it was gorgeous. We firstly unpacked and got some drinks. After that we went to the pool. Only Becky got in because it was really cold. Dad and I just read our magazines on deckchairs by the pool!! When we had left the pool we came back to the room, by now it was 5 o'clock. We looked through Dad's book to find somewhere to have tea.

We then set off for tea. we went to look around the town first. The views were very nice, we could even see Jupiter. We went to a restaurant called The Country Kitchen. I was hoping to have crocodile or ostrich or something like that, but I was just stuck with spaghetti bolognese. The problem was I didn't feel too good so I didn't eat much.

The walk home was great we got a little lost but we had a really good view of the stars, but the funny thing was we could see all the stars which we can't see in the UK. Then we finally reached home (the B&B) where we wrote our diaries and went to sleep,

No comments: